External Faculty Leadership Programs
- American Council on Education - ACE Fellowship Program
Nearly 2,000 vice presidents, deans, department chairs, faculty, and other emerging leaders have participated in the ACE Fellows Program, a customized learning experience that enables participants to immerse themselves in the culture, policies, and decision-making processes of another institution.
- Big Ten Alliance – Academic Leadership Development
An intensive professional development experience that develops the leadership and managerial skills of faculty who have demonstrated exceptional ability and academic promise.
- HERS (Higher Education Resource Services ) provides a curriculum of leadership development to advance women to senior leadership positions throughout the ranks of faculty and staff.
- Leadership Development Program in Higher Education (LDPHE) is an intensive 4-day experience designed to enhance the professional development of Asian and Pacific Islanders (APIs) working in higher education and to prepare college and university administrators, faculty, and staff to move into leadership positions of greater visibility and influence on their campuses.
- Michigan State University New Administrator Orientation An orientation website designed specifically for New Administrators, including new Executive Managers, Deans, Associate and Assistant Deans, Department Chairs, and School Directors.
- Rutgers Leadership Academy (RLA) focuses on the development of cross-cutting leadership concepts, competencies, and tools to enhance professional capabilities for those in academic, professional and administrative leadership roles.
- Stanford University Department Chairs Institute, Leadership Academy, and Fellows program Chairs of departments and academic units on campus participate in the annual Chairs Institute (every fall) and in quarterly Chairs Workshops. Those events present opportunities to learn about Stanford-wide initiatives, discuss issues and present on topics of mutual interest.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Center for Faculty Excellence empowers faculty to set career-related goals—and to succeed in meeting them at every stage—by providing resources and guidance in developing a network of support for excellence.
- University of Pennsylvania Academic Leadership Forums Half-day Academic Leadership Forums held each year for University deans, associate deans, department heads, and other academic administrators.
The topics vary each year depending on what contemporary issues are occurring in U.S. higher education and at Penn State.
- University of Virginia Center For Leadership Excellence Succession Development program Customized leadership development including a 360 assessment, coaching, mentoring from senior leaders, presentation of a pan-University project, and increased visibility among executive leadership
References or links to non-University entities do not represent endorsement by the Regents of the University of California